Looking for an upgrade over my dying CDA-9835

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blindsay

NH
So my Alpine 9835 as been a great deck but its seen better days and is on its way out so im looking for something to replace it.

I would post a link to the specs of the 9835 but i guess i cant post links yet as a new member lol, but if you google it you can find the specs easily enough if you are not familiar with it

i liked that it had a bit more power than your typical headunit at 26wrms, and i really liked the control it gave me over the sound, good equilizer, high and low pass filters (i suppose a low pass is not a big deal because my sub amp could handle it) and good strong 4v preouts.

I want a double din touchscreen deck in the 7" Range and i dont want to give up any audio quality/control over my current deck. Needs to have good ipod integration. i see some decks dont have optical disc support anymore which wouldnt really bother me either way. GPS is nice but not a requirement.

Looking at alpine the two that catch my eye are the IXA-W407 and INA-W900BT but im not sure either of them really match up to my old 9835 but perhaps things have changed and i just like my old 9835 too much lol.

If i didnt have to go with alpine (my whole system is pretty much alpine and i would prefer not to) id consider one of the pioneer Avic's but they seem to be a bit more money. speaking of price id like not to spend anymore than the INA-W900BT

Thanks

having a lot of trouble reading discs and some of the buttons are not responding well, like i have to hit them a couple times for it to work. But honestly i have wanted something with a bigger screen thats easier to read and better ipod support

4V pre-outs are about as needed as a 2nd steering wheel.
ok well what about the deck being 26wrms, or how do the alpine decks that im looking at compare in audio quality/control to my 9835?

edit: basically i like either of those decks i just dont want a big drop in SQ from my current deck, if you guys dont think i will have a big drop in SQ from those then i just gotta decide if the GPS and optical drive of the more expensive one is worth it. I dont think the IXA-W407 has high pass filters though which i think is a deal breaker for me, i have JL TR 6.5" components up front and i dont want to run them full range

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.